(Last updated 31 October 2021)
1. Contacting Us:
- All notices should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org by email or PO Box 748, Narrabeen, New South Wales 2101 Australia, by post.
2. Types of Information:
- “Personal Information“ can also include data that is usually non-personally identifiable on its own, such as location data or IP addresses, data about personal attributes or online identifiers, but that taken with other data or information, may identify a natural person either directly or indirectly.
- “Sensitive Information” may include information relating to a person’s racial or ethnic origin, religious beliefs or affiliations, political opinions, philosophical beliefs, health or genetic information, sexual preference, membership of professional or trade associations or unions or criminal record.
- Billie The Pig Productions does not generally collect Sensitive Information from users. However, if Sensitive Information is collected, it will only be on the voluntary provision of users with their informed consent. If you do volunteer information to Billie The Pig Productions, including Sensitive Information, you are also providing consent for Billie The Pig Productions to collect, store and use that information for the purpose of collecting it.
- We collect Personal Information as well as non-personally identifiable information when users visit or register an account (“Account”) with Billie The Pig Productions. We collect Personal Information from users in optional, voluntary submissions, including but not limited to:
- Profile information via subscription forms or registrations when you subscribe to, access or use our Website, Content or services;
- If you make contact with us in relation to customer service requests or feedback;
- If you download software or mobile applications for the purpose of accessing our Content or services on mobile applications;
- If you enter competitions or other promotions offered by us by providing your information in response to the entry requirements;
- If you make contact with us for other reasons, for example by submitting your curriculum vitae in the course of making an employment request.
- We also collect data via automatic processes when users visit or access our website or other digital platforms. We generally collect non-personally identifiable information in these processes, but sometimes the information collected may be personally identifiable. For example:
- We use technologies (such as cookies or pixels) to track user activity and engagement with our services, and to record information about Website traffic, Website usage, user locations (for example, via IP addresses), user activity and user preferences;
- We may track activity relating to your interactions with our direct mail communications; and
- We may track activity relating to your interactions with links contained on our website.
- Some cookies may be associated with Personal Information about you and some may not. Wherever possible, we anonymise and pseudonymise the information we collect via cookies or other tracking technologies.
- We may also obtain information from third party sources. We may use analytics tools and other third-party technologies to collect non-personally identifiable information in the form of various usage and user metrics when you use or access our Website, Content or services. For example, we use Google Analytics features to collect data about traffic to our website using tracking technologies. The information that is collected is not personally identifiable, and is pseudonymous or aggregated data that does not identify any individual user.
- Third party analytics companies may combine the information collected for us with other information they have independently collected, but we take care to ensure that the information collected for us is pseudonymous or anonymous so that users cannot be identified when the information is combined.
4. Our Use:
- Billie The Pig Productions collects and employs user information, without limitation to:
- Provide users with access to all parts of the Website;
- Enable users to access Content from the Website;
- Confirm order details and process payments;
- Provide users with customer support, respond to users’ requests or seek user opinions or feedback;
- Share communications such as newsletters, process transactions, send updates, receipts and newsletters regarding the subscription services, the Content or the Website and to connect users to Billie The Pig Productions services and to the products and services of our partners and licensees;
- Analyse information received from cookies and tracking technologies in order to personalise content and information, provide the most relevant information and services, administer, support and develop the Website and Content and improve the services provided by Billie The Pig Productions;
- Prevent abuse and fraud;
- Enable users to share links to Content on third party services (we may need to access and disclose your Personal Information to such third-party services if you wish to connect and share our Content via those sites);
- Conduct administrative and internal business purposes;
- Conform to legal requirements or respond to legal processes or orders, whether or not a response is required by applicable law;
- Protect Billie The Pig Productions rights; or
- Protect the safety of users.
- The third-party analytics companies that we use may share pseudonymous or aggregated user data with other measurement companies, in order to analyse and report on it for their clients.
- European Union and European Economic Area: This section is relevant to users in the European Union and the European Economic Area (“EU Users”):
- In accordance with the General Data Protection Regulations, we will not track EU Users’ activity or target EU Users using Personal Information without express consent from applicable users.
- For the avoidance of doubt, Billie The Pig Productions does not direct personalised advertising and marketing to any users, including EU Users. This includes tracking activity using Personal Information or targeting users with advertising that uses Personal Information.
5. Tracking Technologies:
- Cookies are small files that are placed on browsers by websites in order to understand users’ engagement with particular websites. They also store settings and information to facilitate more convenient access and use of web pages that have been previously visited. Cookies do not cause damage to a user’s computer and are not malicious files.
- Most browsers automatically accept cookies, but users can usually choose to disable cookies by changing their privacy options in their browser settings. However, users should be aware that disabling cookies may result in experiencing technical problems with some parts of the Website because some functions on the Website will require enabled cookies.
6. When We Disclose Personal Information:
- Generally, Personal Information will not be disclosed to individuals or organisations outside of Billie The Pig Productions without your prior consent. However, Personal Information may be disclosed in the circumstances described in this Section.
- When we do disclose information to third parties, we use non-personally identifiable information wherever possible and we require third parties to only collect and use Personal Information in accordance with this Policy and for no other purpose other than providing us with agreed services.
- We may provide data to our third-party service providers for their use in performing internal business functions or collecting information on our behalf. Wherever possible this information is non-personally identifiable, but sometimes it is Personal Information, for example:
- We may provide information to publishers or authors and illustrators to demonstrate how Billie The Pig Productions subscription service operates and who accesses the stories published by them.
- We may disclose user information if we are legally bound to do so, or if in our reasonable opinion, such disclosure is necessary to prevent harm to ourselves, to our partners or affiliates, to other users or to third parties. We will notify users of such disclosure wherever practicable in all such instances.
- In the event that there is a change of ownership, control or interests in Billie The Pig Productions (whether as a whole or in part), then the party that attains ownership or control or interest in Billie The Pig Productions will obtain access to any existing user information that we store and use. We will make reasonable efforts to notify you by posting a notice on our website or sending you an email or direct communication.
6. Your Choices - Opting Out:
- Users have a general right to access, edit and manage the collection, processing and use of their Personal Information. Users may opt out of any activity that involves collecting or processing their information for direct marketing purposes. To exercise this right, please refer to the sections below, including the opt out options offered by us and our third-party service providers.
- You may opt out from receiving communications from Billie The Pig Productions at any time by changing the settings via a hyperlink in the footer of emails received from Billie The Pig Productions.
- If you do not wish to have your browsing activity tracked, you may opt out of the services currently used by Billie The Pig Productions. Click on the relevant “choices” or “opt out” links provided below if you would like to manage your settings or opt out of interest-based advertising that they deliver:
- Google Analytics – https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout/
- Google’s AdX – https://www.google.com/settings/u/0/ads/authenticated?hl=en
- Notwithstanding the opt out options, you agree that by accessing the Website or becoming a subscriber, Billie the Pig Productions may still send you relevant administrative notices from time to time.
7. Your Choices – Account Deletion and Editing:
- You may, at any time, update, correct, or delete Personal Information that you have provided to us by updating your preferences on the Account Settings page or by contacting us (per the details under the Contacting Us section at the top of this page). Whenever you are entitled to access such information, and the information is not otherwise accessible by logging into your Account, we will provide such information to you via email or post without charge.
- If you delete your Account or Personal Information, any account data associated with your account will be removed from accessible systems and will no longer be accessed or used by us, unless required by law. Billie The Pig Productions will take reasonable steps to destroy or permanently de-identify Personal Information it holds if it is no longer needed to provide you with access to our website or subscription service and if the information is not required to be saved under Australian law or other Commonwealth record.
- If you choose to have an Account with us in the future, you will have to register for a new one, as none of the information previously submitted will be held or saved within your account or in accessible files.
- You are entitled to request that your Personal Information is dealt with by us either anonymously or under a pseudonym.
- If we are not able to remove your Personal Information for any reason, we will notify you of this with an accompanying explanation.
8. When Information Leaves Australia:
- Like many organisations, we use infrastructure and service providers, partners, licensees or suppliers who are based or hosted outside Australia. User information may be disclosed and stored with such third parties, most often in the US or UK, but also globally.
- In the event that we are required to disclose your Personal Information to overseas third parties, we will take reasonable steps to ensure that such disclosures are subject to reasonable confidentiality terms, that the overseas third party is subject to a law or binding scheme that protects your information in a way that, overall, is at least substantially similar to the way in which the Australian Privacy Principles protect your information or that the overseas third party takes steps to prevent a breach of the Australian Privacy Principles in relation to your information.
- We take measures, including the implementation and maintenance of physical, electronic and managerial procedures, in an effort to assure the security, integrity and accuracy of all Personal Information that we collect and to protect your Personal Information from misuse, loss unauthorised access, modification, disclosure or unauthorised access.
- Billie The Pig Productions:
- Restricts access to personal information to those employees who need access to perform their job functions;
- Will only collect Sensitive Information where required by law or with the User’s consent and will only use and disclose Sensitive Information for the purpose for which it is provided;
- Will take reasonable steps to ensure that the Personal Information it holds is accurate, complete and up to date;
- If we learn of a security systems breach, we may attempt to notify you electronically so that you can take appropriate protective steps.
- We will contact the complaining party regarding their concerns and will cooperate with the appropriate regulatory authorities to resolve any complaints regarding Personal Information that cannot be resolved internally.
- Users in the European Union and European Economic Area have the right to lodge a complaint with the relevant supervisory authority in their member state. We encourage you to contact us first wherever possible, so that we can respond to your concerns. We will do our best to resolve them promptly in accordance with relevant laws and policies.